Thursday, April 05, 2007

What to do... What to do!

Crap! Story for NaNo is, well, I'm not sure how to put it. Beginning sucks worse than big time. Later, it sort of settles in, is the best I can put it. But, if I go with where it sort of gets off the ground then what the crap am I going to do with all those other characters in the first part? Chuck them all out? I don't really want to do that but am going to have to do some serious thinking on exactly what to do with them. Whole other story? Ick! Don't really want to go there. Not at this point, anyway. I guess it's a thought for the future, though, and why should I throw away perfectly good characters? So... I guess I'll keep them around. Who knows, maybe they can be their own NaNo coming up.

I do have another story I'd like to do, but if I did it in November I'd be cheating since the thing is already started. But, I love Josh and Aaron! They are fun to write about and hang around with. Yeah, yeah, they aren't real, but still, they are a bundle of fun. What can I say? I've found that Space Opera is a ball to play in. Don't have to worry so much about the science stuff, which I'd fall down under as it is. And to think that these two guys were born from flash fiction! The few of those I did with these two weren't incorporated into the overall story, and most likely won't be. But who knows? There's still a ways to go with them on their adventures.

At this point I can't tell if Josh and Aaron are straight guys or not, and they don't seem to be saying at the moment. But, hey, two space guys who are treasure hunters, well, that leaves a lot to work with, plenty of worlds to explore, and tons of trouble to get into and out of. So, whichever way they lean I'll wait until they let me know.

No comments: