Monday, October 12, 2009

Long time

Had to get the blow torch out to clean this place.  Poor thing has been neglected for over a year now.  Guess I never have much to talk about.

Now it's time for NaNo once again.  Many are gearing up for the big 30 day push to reach their goals.  Mine is to write more than I did last year, but I'm thinking maybe I need a more word set goal.  100,00 words keeps spinning in my head.  I have notes, a bit of writing I started which will be put into notes for the outline so I can begin anew.  A few characters, some I think are in what I had written last year at some point so will dig that out and go through to grab what I need.

If I don't drag my heels I'll pull out my interview character sheets (have about 3 different kinds) and do some of those.  It's interesting to sometimes do the one where you interview a character but you are asking him/her questions about the other one.  Puts a new light on personalities, IMO.

Made my first NaNo calendar yesterday and am working on the second one today.  Lots of trial and error but I'll get there sooner or later.  Once I decide which background I want for myself I'm thinking of making a special size to print out and put on my cork board.  Once I get going I'll really need to figure out what word count I'm going for this year, although, I could do a couple different word counts, start with the smaller one and see if I write enough to move to the larger count.

No comments: