Thursday, July 26, 2007

Moving forward

Or not, as the case may be. Did my 2,000 words last night - 2,043 to be exact. I had to change the POV, but had been switching back and forth between the two main characters anyway. I think Kaste has had more time than Devon so far but that can be fixed in rewrites.

My problem is, I feel I'm just dragging the story, and it's not the dreaded sagging middle since the story is past that. I think. Maybe I need to take some time today to put this one into chapters and begin finishing it that way. Checking my notes might not be a bad idea either as those haven't been looked at in quite awhile.

I'm not sure if it's become too serious at this point or not, but it feels a bit like that to me. Before I was pretty much having fun with these two characters and the play between them. Could be it needs some sex to liven it up, but I can't see where that will happen when there are other people around and there's no way to get Kaste and Devon alone. I'm getting the strong feeling that I need to throw a monkey wrench into this about now. Maybe toss in some space pirates to make matters worse, as if knowing they are going to be killed isn't bad enough.

I really, really, really need to work on this during the day and stop waiting until the last few hours of the night. I'd like to get back into a few other pieces as well. I somehow can never manage my time. Good about frittering it away and that's about it.

And, I'd really, really, really like to write The End on this.

No comments: